Let’s face it, you can’t ban tech at your wedding.
And perhaps those old school friends will be posting about how awesome your wedding is, and not just selfies of how great they look.
So how can you embrace social media at your wedding? We show you how to incorporate technology into your big day to impress your wedding guests and keep their focus off their phones and on more important things - like how great you look!
1) Charging stations - You’ve bitten the bullet and decided to cater to your tech-dependant guests needs, and now they’ve ran out of charge on their phone. How will they cope? Probably badly! If you don't want your guests badgering the poor venue staff for a plug socket or to loan them their wires, just provide a charging station for your guests. You'll be the bride that anticipated every aspect of your guests desires and they can happily continue to post and hashtag the event all night, and keep on top of their social media game.
2) GIF photo booths - You know how much fun photo booths are. Everyone crams in with their silly props and waits for the camera to start snapping, at the same time as trying to strike the right balance of funny and posey photos. Even the father of the bride can't resist a sombrero! Why not go one step further? Take the same principle but turn the series of photos into a GIF - a fuzzy animation - that you will be able to post on social media for everyone to enjoy. Just watch as your Granny goes viral!
3) Selfie sticks - I know, I know! But have you ever tried to take a table selfie? It’s not exactly the easiest of tasks. But if you throw a selfie stick into the equation - give your bridesmaids and ushers a few between them to work the room and mingle - and watch a new form of entertainment unfold (and watch your Grandad's mind get blown). Weddings are all about blending together all of your family and friends. Instead of just taking selfies with one or two of you because that's all you can fit in, you can involve your whole table and get everyone talking.
4) Polaroid cameras - There was once a time when getting your pictures back from the chemist in three days felt fast! Polaroid cameras, by comparison, felt thrilling in their speed and style. Now everything is instantanious. But few things feel permanant. So what could be better at your wedding than having a photo printed on the spot for you to keep and treasure? In a funny twist of fate Polaroid cameras once again feel like revolutionary technology. Why not make a poloroid guest book station, where guests can take a photo, keep one for themselves and stick one into your guest book along with a cute little message or anecdote for you to read later on.
5) Instagram hashtag - If there's one thing that planning this wedding has made you appreciate, it's proper organisation! Planning is an underappreciated art form, right?! Now when it comes to your guests smartphone snaps no one wants to trawl through countless different social media feeds, searching for pictures from the big day. So why not whip these amateur photographers into shape and get them using your own customised hashtag. Get a chalkboard, artistically draw up a little message followed by your unique hashtag, and place it at the entrance of your reception. Watch the collection of photos grow on social media, and relive some of those moments you missed first time around.
If you're engaged and looking for a filmmaking team to capture your wedding day - speak to Shoot Your Husband wedding films.
With experience working in TV and a creative and cinematic style we will capture your personalities and humour, and craft memories as unique as you are.
Like us on Facebook here